Wednesday, October 19, 2011

I Love This Time of Year

jack_1And I love Halloween. Ghouls and Jack o’ Lanterns, scary movies, the whole shebang. The air has gotten very crisp. The Weather Prognosticators claim there will be snow flurries soon. That’s just fine with me since I’m in no hurry to start shoveling the driveway. That’s going to suck. I am in no shape for clearing snow by hand. I fear there will be much PT in the near future.

Our old snow blower died in a puddle of gas last winter. I found out last week it was un-revivable. Since we don’t have $400 to replace it with a new one, we picked up an electric ‘blower at Menards for $100 after the rebate. I’ll let you know if it’s worth it.

In the spirit of Halloween I’m working my way through the first season of AMC’s The Walking Dead on Netflix. Let me tell you, it’s just as good the second time around. When that’s done I’ll start the second season.

The boys and I enjoyed 6Teen: Dude of the Living Dead and Phineas & Ferb’s Halloween special. That is some mix, huh?

This weekend we start on costumes. Numero Dos wants to be a cyborg with robot arms. The oldest is planning on manning the door and handing out candy, there’s time yet for him to change his mind.

cheerleaders-1

I really, reaallly want to visit a haunted corn maze this year. There’s now way in hell Red will set foot in one, she won’t even wait in the car.

I never made it to Howl O’ Scream at Busch Gardens. If I’d known there would be cheerleaders… more pics here and here.

 

The Facial Scar Experiment

Think about it.