Sunday, September 29, 2013

Not Dead…

… I just look the part.

A bug has had it’s way with the Hooz Clan this past week, starting with the Wee One and creeping it’s way up the ranks to yours truly. Once again some grubby, besnotted daycare carpet cruiser infected my little angel with cooties. Little shits.

The boys and I have been home the last few days, hacking and moaning. By some miracle Red has stayed above it all.

On the upside I am about caught up on my TV watching. Sleepy Hollow is disappointing. Yeah, it’s about Ichabod Crane and the Headless Horseman waking up last week and carrying on where they left off. Shows like this require an amount of suspension of disbelief… but come on! The writers on Sleepy Hollow are pushing it. I won’t go into details in case you haven’t watched it, but let  me say there was some eye-rolling on my part. Yet My boys love it, though. Maybe this aging gungeek isn’t in the target demographic.

Agents of Shield is more promising. A little too cutsie, but I’ll keep watching. What can I say… this is a Whedon household from way back: That sumbitch can do no wrong. I heard The Whedon made a surprise appearance at a Firefly convention in England. He and Jewel Staite shook their money makers into the early hours. I would have paid good money to see that first hand.

jewel_staiteMMmmmm Jewel Staite, ssoooooooo “shiny”.

Haven is now on Netflix and Red is hooked.

Speaking of good looking wimmen – EmilyRose

Emily Rose, amIright?

So Red and I are powering through and will be up to speed before the first few episodes of season 4 exit Hulu.

Hoozyrdady.

The Facial Scar Experiment

Think about it.