Tuesday, January 22, 2013

First post of 2013


Congratulations on surviving the Mayan Apocalypse! I say screw the Mayans, bunch’a woosies.
I’m considering trying to blog again. Facebook is ok but there are thoughts rattling around in my head that should perhaps be published elsewhere.
I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas. We sure did, with a new member joining the Hooz Clan; ‘The Bean’ arrived in time to enjoy Christmas with the rest of the extended Family. Best present -Ever-. Welcome aboard, Bean!
Amongst the loot under the tree were a pile of books with my name on ‘em. I finished two already; The Sword of the Lady by S.M. Stirling and Monster Hunter Alpha by Larry Correia. Both were very good reads and deserve two thumbs up. Being a cheap frugal bastard, used copies of the next books in the respective series are bookmarked and will be ordered in the near future. In the meantime my choices for the next read are either the collected works of Jules Verne or a big book of Sherlock Holmes.
Speaking of Larry Correia- wrote a fantastic opinion piece about the gun control mess. I can’t recommend it enough, so go forth and read the whole damned thing. It’s making the rounds and got him invited onto Mike Huckabee’s show. Check it out-


That’s enough for today. I’ll leave you with this picture that tickled me.







The Facial Scar Experiment

Think about it.